How many knitters?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Just looked at that link and I think it's pretty good. Thanks. When I'm done with this project I'll go back and try it again. Thanks a bunch, that was really helpful!

I'm glad! You're very welcome. I love her blog, she tackles a lot of tricky technical details of knitting.

Susie, I thought about those looms for her. I really like the way they look. And they seem durable. I was interested in the kb looms, I wanted to get her the one that makes afghans, and then there's an all-in-one, but no, she says she'd be 80 by the time she made a blanket. And she is attached to her plastic loom from Walmart. Yea that sock loom caught my eye for her and she was like, " why? You can knit me socks!" She smart( in all the annoying ways).

They are indeed super durable. And the All-n-one that I linked is an adjustable size. Those end wooden pieces can be relocated every 6 inches down the length. So, she can make everything from socks to hats to stuffable toys to tote bags all on one loom. But, of course, to each his/her own.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1405213068.290452.jpg

This is my new endeavor with knitting and beads.

Hot off the needles five minutes ago. (needs blocking, really isn't that lopsided!)

Photo2214.jpg

Last edited:
Darnit! Now I want babies again! That is adorable!

:D Then the booties I am about to finish to match are going to finish you off!

In truth I am impatient for projects to be complete, and baby clothes fit the bill when I'm knitting. I don't even need a baby (although one was born to a friend's daughter just yesterday....I'll have to size up for fall wear) I have a sweater for myself that has been unfinished for a while now...all that seaming and finish work! Maybe that is the next thing I should tackle, if I'm going to be blocking things. (block and tackle?)

You're good! I love bright colors. So Lacey. Have you ever knitted and afghan?

Thank you! I love color too. I have knit an afghan before! I knit and crochet. Crocheting is faster for afghans in general and so I have made more crocheted ones.

I'm working on a aran knit sweater for my nephew for his 1st birthday. It's amazing how big they want them to be! Then I found a cute sweater to make my 2 year old niece

Those teddy bears are the cutest - love them! :)

...but recently I've been teaching myself toe up.
Yeah, very cool. I do that too: very smooth toes.

My first one ever ;)
Foto-VE7P7S3J-G.jpg

Have you heard of Liat?
she's amazing. Top tutorials too.
Makes knitting life a pleasure.

A.t.m. I'm knitting a bag and felt it when finished.
Usually I just felt, but this is cool too.

Last edited:
I generally knit, but the cardigan I'm working on is too heavy for July, so I am crocheting cotton bath poufs today. Hubby and the kids are going to be my pouf testers. :)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1405288317.674947.jpg

Lindy, you've got a gift then. I bought the best Adi-click needles thinking I was going to just go to town whip'n up socks and It would be do easy and QUICK..... Psh..... I'm still using my little tiny 4 inch, 5 wooden DPN's. I get all tangled and twisted with the circular needles and when I screw up its so hard to back out and keep up with what I undid on which sock. Crazy. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't do well on circulars. Glad they work for others cuz they sure are awesome and well made. Maybe one day it will click with me.

Latest posts

Back