How does this recipe look?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azimuth

Reaction score
Hi Again -

Just wondering if I should keep the SF to 9% or perhaps lower. I know there is alot of CO in this, so that is why I'm kind of worried about it. I plan to make coffee soap with it!

It's actually 6.4 oz of Coconut oil, 25.6 oz of Olive.

Last edited:
After researching, for my CO bar I did an 90% CO 10% butters with 17% superfat. Yours is what.. 75% CO? Doing fast math in my head. LOL
I also would do 15% since 100% CO is 20% recommendation.

Omg! I had that soooo backwards... lol
It's actually 6.4 oz of Coconut oil, 25.6 oz of Olive. Whew!

Thats not a lot of coconutmoil. Your Lauric acid is only 9.6 which I think is plenty low. Anything 12% or under I never go over 5%. But that's how I like my soaps. You may want your soaps more oily?

Hi Again -

Just wondering if I should keep the SF to 9% or perhaps lower. I know there is alot of CO in this, so that is why I'm kind of worried about it. I plan to make coffee soap with it!

It's actually 6.4 oz of Coconut oil, 25.6 oz of Olive.

my thinking if your worried about to much CO lower it , un less it's for some thing special.

6.4 oz coconut oil = 20 % CO (the most I like in soap)
25.6 oz olive oil = 80%

looks okay to me . but a new to soap making cp

20% CO is fine, I would actually reduce your superfat to 7% with that amount of coconut oil. I dont start setting the SF higher than that until i go over 25% CO

Latest posts

Back