How do I do this???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyndi

Reaction score
Since I am new to this and haven't actually made any soap yet, I have a few questions.

1. How do I get the layered look in soap? Different colors on the same bar.

2. If I wanted to top off my soap with something such as oatmeal, dried herbs etc, when do I add these so that when I cut the soap it's on the top of the bar? I'm thinking these would be vertical bars as opposed to horizontal bars. Am I explaining this so that it's understood?

3. How do you do swirls?

4 I want to do the CPHP if this helps or makes a difference in the answers.

x

may i suggest this site? it is one of the best sites for all sorts of info:

www.soap-making-essentials.com

also at the top right of the forum page click on search-then use keywords like: layered soaps, oatmeal, ect. i have spent many pleasurable hours starting at the back and reading thru the forum posts. there's a wealth of knowledge and recommended sites thru-out these threads.

may your search be fruitful and the knowledge sweet!

Oh girl, girl.. please just make a couple batches of plain ol' soap first, and get a couple of successes under your belt before you try out the fancy recipes. You will hate yourself if you jump in the deep end and wind up wasting a lot of good and pricey soap supplies. (trust me... I've seen it happen all too often!). :wink:

Back