How can i alter the color and smell

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dggriffi

Reaction score
by only adjusting the base oils. For example, i love the smell that coconut brings and i wish my soaps where a little more tan in color. White is fine but a tan appearance would feel more natural.

How can i bring a tan color with base oils and which base oils do you feel add the best aroma?

I've never had any scent from my oils/butters come through; unscented soap just smells soapy to me...
Sesame oil gives a nice tan color.

base oils dont have any smell, if you add any fos w some vanilla you will get tan or brown, maybe real vanilla? ive never tried it.

Soaps do have a smell to me (no fragrance) and I totally get what you're saying...if you want a tanner soap maybe add some honey or milk...

I believe Cocoa Butter will give you a more beige/tan colored soap. I used 10% in my last batch. It has a very faint, but pleasant smell.

agriffin said:
Soaps do have a smell to me (no fragrance) and I totally get what you're saying...if you want a tanner soap maybe add some honey or milk...

yeah, its hard to explain but i cant small a difference. Thanks, honey sounds interesting.

kommon_sense said:
I believe Cocoa Butter will give you a more beige/tan colored soap. I used 10% in my last batch. It has a very faint, but pleasant smell.

thanks. thats good advice. Its the base oils i want to adjust to get the color so it reflects even in the basic soaps.

Back