Honey Oatmeal soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
So I was in the showers last night and someone left their St. Ives oatmeal and shea body wash in the shower and I pondered... Honey Oatmeal with shea butter soap!! Now I was thinking... (this is just a shot in the dark)

Honey powder
Shea Butter
Oatmeal (for a type of exfoilant as well)
sweet almond oil
FO (thinking something like honey ofcourse)

now, for a just a soap bar this would be pretty good right? I'm thinking for CP ofcourse.. I think it would smell awsome and feel great because the shea and oatmeal work as softners and then the honey!! MMMM lmao

Hmmmm, I think I would put a little more oils in that recipe! LOL

Yea it sounds like it would be a fabulous recipe:)

I just made a Honey & Oatmeal bar and I love it! It is unscented but it has this awesome nutty smell to it. It might be my new favorite :wink:
Sandy

Hey Victoria,
I'd include some coconut or palm kernal for bubbly lather and some other hard oils like palm for hardness and creamy lather. Castor will help increase the bubbles.
Sweet almond gives a very soft soap; so it's recommanded not to use more than 5-10 %

If you want to use both, I'd go for:
25% coconut
25% palm
25% olive
10% sweet almond
10% shea
5% castor

Oatmeal Honey bar allergy anybody?

Hi,

Oatmeal honey bar is my best selling soap thus far and with amazing testimonies about scars disappearing and skin whiter.

Unfortunately, I have people who reported skin rashes and blotches as well using that soap. Anybody know why? One reported itching, another, no itching. I use sunflower seed oil, palm oil and coconut oil. Might not be coconut oil since they take that in food.

I find oatmeal very drying & irritating in soap and cannot use it, even in my most mild recipes.

I've used baby, I've used colloidal - it's just drying for me.

:wink: I just put some whole crushed organic oatmeal on top; that way you have the looks and the label appeal, but not the scratch...

I use 1/3 cup baby oatmeal ppo and it makes a lovely soap.
It seems to increase quickness of lather and "skin feel"
Oatmeal is my favorite soap.

Latest posts

Back