Homemade Febreeze!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posifiber

Reaction score
Found this cool recipe in a Mountain Herbs Catalog...

16oz spray bottle

3oz vodka

12 drops lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang, peppermint essential oil (or any good smelling essential oil ya got)

120z purified water

That’s it! Yay!

Add a preservative and it looks neat. Shake well before each use, or add an emulsifier.

What works as an emulsifier? I have e-wax but that won't work in a liquid, right? My homemade fly spray for the horse stays separated . It sucks to have all of your good EO's floating on top. I use vodka in the fly spray too, btw. :D

Vodka? I believe that works as a "febreeze". I have used that for stinky feets and it works great! lol.

12 drops lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang, peppermint essential oil (or any good smelling essential oil ya got)

is that 12 drops of each or just pick any one? :oops:

carebear said:
Add a preservative and it looks neat. Shake well before each use, or add an emulsifier.

I can understand how an emulsifier would help because of the oil and water, but why a preservative? Will the EO go bad?

I make a similar recipe with vodka and orange blossom water, it works great and I have never noticed a problem, I would have thought the alcohol would stave off a lot of microbes...

Re:

Bubbly Buddha said:
What a waste of vodka! :lol: I suggest you drink the vodka and then you won't notice the stinky house so much... :wink:

Agreed! Haha.

Latest posts

Back