Home made Body Wash - BOMBED

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnitaB

Reaction score
I decided to try my hand at making some body wash using the cp I made on 5/19 by follow this guys video. Sorry for the Peanut Butter song! Is very annoying to me!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-DKT6w3AdQ[/ame]

I used 2 oz grated soap, 4 cups boiling water, some fo & vitamin e. Ths morning t's still very much liquidy. Not ready at all. What have I done wrong? Does it need some glycerin, maybe?

I tried doing this once...didn't work out either. Now that I make my own CP soap I just enjoy using bar soap :)

I like peanut butter as much as this guy ;)

If you used dr bronners fake castile soap ( :) ), put some salt in it.

If you still have this, put it in the frig, if it's still liquid. It'll turn into a gel then. The problem with these recipes is, you are trying to turn a soap made with NaOH into a soap made with KOH. In a nut shell, it don't work! Been there, done that.

The best body washes I have made have been with KOH. Not the NaOH. Not really a fan of the consistency of diluted NaOH soaps, though i do make my liquid laundry soap using a bar of handmade soap. I don't put it on my skin though. It's fun to experiment with soap isn't it?

Kay- Nope I tossed t out 3 days ago. But I did buy Dr C's liquid soap today at whole foods. Seen some videos on how to make some body wash's so I'm gonna try that later today or tomorrow.

Mommy - I's still learning about the KOH and the NaOH, as well as the potassium & sodium hydroxide's. There's food and technical grades. And yes it is fun to play with soaps and finding out which ones I like.

Liz - I like pb too but not that guys song...

I was experimenting with a block of M&p goats milk yesterday and I really enjoy the feel and smell of it. I shredded it and was thinking that wasn't going to be enough so I dug out the shredded ivory soap from couple weeks ago. Added it to my mix added brown mica and scented it. Poured it into cupcake papers. I loved it because it hardened up real quick but then I went to wash my hands and it stunk like ivory.

So NEVER EVER add cheap soap to your mixes! Lesson well learned and I was very disappointed because they look so cute, just like Reese's PB cups yummy!

To be honest, I don't think I had enough shredded soap. But that's fine I hated the smell of the Ivory soap anyway!

So I have an 8 oz bar of milk soap, some shea butter, grapeseed oil, almond oil and a bottle of Dr C's Hemp soap that I got today at whole foods. I love that store! Maybe later I'll do some experimenting after I look at some videos to make sure how to do this and not mess it up.

Funny... I asked a couple ladies 4 months ago If they'd share their recipes with me if I paid them. Both reluctantly declined, yesterday It finally dawned on me how you guys make such pretty & fancy soaps...

It's all in the M&P (after you make the cp soap & curing stages) and what kinds of molds to use, along with fancy additives. I'm getting there :)

Latest posts

Back