Holiday fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
It's that time of year. Vendors are sending out emails touting all their new fragrances for the fall, winter, and holidays.

What new fragrances are you planning on getting or trying for the holidays?
Enable me. (not that it's hard) :nodding:

ETA: I just realized I probably should have put this under the Fragrances section. Please feel free to move it....

I bought MWF's Apple Cider and Oak. Haven't made the soap yet though. It smells so good. I think I'm going to use cocoa butter cashmere for the bath bombs and haven't decided yet. I have Cotton Candy and banana too. though I'm debating on getting a new fragrance for the bombs.

A customer who had vacationed in Canada was looking for a fragrance that resembles a popular Canadian spruce flavored soft drink...I've never been to Canada and am unfamiliar with it. Do any of the Canadian members know what she might be talking about? Have you ever come across a pine/spruce fragrance oil that has the sort of scent she's remembering? Would it be anything like the Sugared Spruce that Rustic Escentuals and some of the other vendors sell? I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it, if you've tried it.

Are you looking for scents that smell like the holidays? I fell in love with Oregon Trails Frankincense and Myrrh last year, but it turned my navy and white soap khaki green. Will plan for that in advance this year. Nurture’s Comfort and Joy smells like cinnamon and sticks very well. Winter Wonderland from Nurture also sticks well. It was pretty popular with my crowd although I personally like a deeper woodsy scent.

Are you looking for scents that smell like the holidays? I fell in love with Oregon Trails Frankincense and Myrrh last year, but it turned my navy and white soap khaki green. Will plan for that in advance this year. Nurture’s Comfort and Joy smells like cinnamon and sticks very well. Winter Wonderland from Nurture also sticks well. It was pretty popular with my crowd although I personally like a deeper woodsy scent.
I actually bought 4 oz bottles of the two Nurture fragrances you mentioned. I also am going to make wax tarts with them. Hubby and I both like wax tarts better than candles, and they certainly are easier to make, although I will gift people candles since most people probably don't have tart burners.

I got a fragrance recently from The Flaming Candle, Orange Spice, and as you might expect, it smells like Christmas pomanders. It has great throw in tarts and will be lovely for the holidays.

I actually have been quite pleased with the handful of fragrances I got from Flaming Candle. Prices are about half of what Scent Memory charges, they ship quickly, and the fragrances are quite nice. My first Scent Memory order is supposed to arrive Saturday. I'm eager to see what they're like. But for the cost and the length of time it takes them ( I ordered back on the 16th, it just shipped), I'm hoping for great scents.

A customer who had vacationed in Canada was looking for a fragrance that resembles a popular Canadian spruce flavored soft drink...I've never been to Canada and am unfamiliar with it. Do any of the Canadian members know what she might be talking about? Have you ever come across a pine/spruce fragrance oil that has the sort of scent she's remembering? Would it be anything like the Sugared Spruce that Rustic Escentuals and some of the other vendors sell? I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it, if you've tried it.
I'm Canadian and I don't recognize that one. I looked online and it looks like there's a Spruce Beer from Canada but I don't recognize the name of the company. I think you will have trouble finding a dupe.

I wouldn't know as I don't drink soft drinks in any country, but would this be the drink? I think it might be good if your customer can ID the actual drink she wants the soap to smell like. There are other Canadian drinks listed in this link in case the fist link is not what she is looking for.

Back