HI I'M NEW AND HAVE QUESTIONS!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabrielleMarie88

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Gabby and I'm 20 years old and have just started soapmaking! I love it and am having a lot of fun with it and have some questions.
I've made 2 batches of soap so far and they've both turned out wonderfully. I was wondering where you guys get your fixed oils, supplies, essential/fragrance oils, and who you think has the best products.

ANY information would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou so much!!

Take a look around the forum and use the search feature and you will find your answers.

I order online. There are products available from my local supermarkets, but they are expensive for the amount I need. I try to order most of what I need from the closest supplier to save the most on shipping. Look up www.suppliersbystate.com/state-listings.php This might not be the correct url. But I think somewhere in the stickies of this forum there is an url. HTH. Found it.

Hi Gabrielle,

Since I soap for fun, most of my supplies have been bought locally; BJs for the olive oil, Super Walmart for the coconut oil, and castor oil and lard, Whole Foods for the palm oil.

I have used BrambleBerry, Peaks Candle, and Heaven Scent for my fragrance oils.

If you look around you can find molds everywhere. Silicone is fun as no lining is involved.

Check under the shopping reccomendations forum. There are lots and lots of suppliers to choose from. The seach is also a great place to start.

BTW - Welcome!
:)
Jude

Welcome to the forum Gabby!

I prefer Wholesalesuppliesplus - can't beat their prices for oils and I love the way they package their hard oils and butters in containers as opposed to plastic bags as some suppliers do. Also, if you just want to order FO's their shipping is FREE!!! Also, they are located in my state so I get super fast shipping (usually within 3 days it is sitting on my doorstep). Downside - with all my orders, I have never received a free sample of anything from this company :cry:

I've also ordered from Brambleberry (competitive prices with WSP for coconut and palm oil) but I just don't care for their packaging style as well. Love the fact they send you a free sample of FO! :D (Learned the hard way if you don't specifically request a free sample FO you may get a bag of seeds)

Also, Peaks sends a free sample FO with your order. :D Who doesn't love to get a free FO?????

I've only ordered once from Soapsupplies.net - they shipped quickly but I was disappointed that the FO's came in little plastic bottles as opposed to the glass amber bottles. (just a matter of preference, I guess)

You could literally spend days browsing all the websites available for soaping supplies. Don't ask me how I know.

I get olive oil at Sam's club in the big 3 liter jugs....I order my other oils through Gordon Foods in bulk when I have 50 dollar bills layin' around I don't know what to do with, because you buy in bulk and it's lots cheaper. My favorite supplier for most other things is WSP, because I get my order in two days and I've had nothing but great service from them. I get FOs from lots of places, because if there's a sale somewhere - mama's gettin' some new scents. :wink:

Here's some suppliers I like and would recommend:
WSP
Berts Heaven Scent
DayStar
The Scent Shack
Southern Garden Scents
Oils By Nature
MMS (though they can be pricey on some stuff and may as well be on the other side of the earth from me)
Brambleberry

There are more, but there's a few to consider. Welcome to the gang, Gabby!!! :D

Edited to add: Erm....make that COLUMBUS FOODS. I get lasagna from Gordon Foods, and that would just be silly to make soap with. :wink:

wow, thats a loaded queston! I buy olive from walmart, palm from soapers choice(less shippinh than other places), frag oils from: peak, millcreek, bertsheavenscent. Iam addicted to fos! i have a lot right now. Have fun and welcome.

WOW!! thank you sooooooo much everyone!! This is so great to hear so many responses!! I'll definitely post often!! Again thanks so much for the suggestions! I'm so glad I joined :D

LJA said:
I get olive oil at Sam's club in the big 3 liter jugs....I order my other oils through Gordon Foods
I see your location is Southeast Mich - not sure where you are located LJA, but did you know that there is a Gordon's Food Supply in Toledo? (Also a Sam's). If you must order from Gordon's you may want to take a drive to Toledo to browse the store if it is in close proximity to you. :)

rubyslippers said:
LJA said:
I get olive oil at Sam's club in the big 3 liter jugs....I order my other oils through Gordon Foods
I see your location is Southeast Mich - not sure where you are located LJA, but did you know that there is a Gordon's Food Supply in Toledo? (Also a Sam's). If you must order from Gordon's you may want to take a drive to Toledo to browse the store if it is in close proximity to you. :)

You didn't read what I edited in red, Ruby....lol....I meant to say Columbus Foods. :)

[quote="LJA]
You didn't read what I edited in red, Ruby....lol....I meant to say Columbus Foods. :)[/quote]

:oops: :oops: sorry - I should read the entire post before I respond. :lol:

rubyslippers said:
[quote="LJA]
You didn't read what I edited in red, Ruby....lol....I meant to say Columbus Foods. :)

:oops: :oops: sorry - I should read the entire post before I respond. :lol:[/quote][/quote]

I have an itchy posting finger too...I completely understand...lol

Latest posts

Back