Hi! From North Carolina!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PureFoxy

Reaction score
Well, I reckon this is the place to say hi :)

I'm a 32 yr old single mother (widowed) and a full time caregiver to my best friends (and now MY) Granny (Alzheimers) & I keep kids during the week, along with my four year old. I have a dog & a cat... Um, um...

I guess I became interested in all of this after a hairbrain question about mixing my own eyeshadows, a mention of TKB from someone, & a wild goosechase after the dive into figuring out people can (and DO) handcraft cosmetics/soaps/bath products.

This has been a wild ride for me, a lot of research, plotting until my tax refund got here, and now a chase into actually "doing something productive"---- potentially creating my own business....

(sounds VERY crazy to me, I assure you...)

It seems as though I have spent a lot of time "at home"- and a lot of time "not being productive"- mix in "liking" a few prepper groups on facebook.... I guess this is the direction my life & interests have led me to, and you know what? I am actually pretty darn excited to be here!! :p

So, I guess in a nutshell, hi, this is me!

Right now, I am trying to be Indiana Jones & choose the right cup .... lol So many type of things, so many specialties, so much information up here, & personal preferences from so many.... I don't think I will bored with this for some time!

Welcome, I am new here as well. The group is very friendly and can assist you in many ways.

Welcome to the forum. Practice, practice, practice before selling. I started out just giving away my the results of my practice to family and friends. They soon let me know what they liked and didn't like.

Welcome to the forum. There is really a lot to learn with soap making but with knowledge, experience and lots of practice(which is the fun part) you can do this. Make sure of your product, I too gave tons away to friends, coworkers and anyone who wanted to try some. I was making soap for about 3 years before I did my first show not to discourage you but in the meantime have fun, learn all you need with soaping and learn your tax laws, insurance ect.

Welcome to the forum! I am new to making soap also and I have a dream to possibly sell some quite a bit further down the road. For now, I am having a ton of fun making it and learning from my experiences :)

Welcome to the forum. Practice, practice, practice before selling. I started out just giving away my the results of my practice to family and friends. They soon let me know what they liked and didn't like.

Thanks for the encouragement! I plan on making many, many soaps before I "get it right." My sister & brother have been sniffing with me all along this process. They sure are very quick to give opinions lol

Welcome to the forum. There is really a lot to learn with soap making but with knowledge, experience and lots of practice(which is the fun part) you can do this. Make sure of your product, I too gave tons away to friends, coworkers and anyone who wanted to try some. I was making soap for about 3 years before I did my first show not to discourage you but in the meantime have fun, learn all you need with soaping and learn your tax laws, insurance ect.

Oh yeah there is a LOT lot lot of research.... Tax numbers, business i.d.'s, FDA guidelines for labeling & health standards, even sending off for lab tests.... I have notebooks FULL of notes, references.... That's what made me buy another laptop. I was actually doing it off my android to start with :think:

Yes there's a lot more to soap making than just the soap making ;)

I was actually just looking into tax numbers and such myself. It will likely make my head spin when I start actually try filling out all the paperwork needed. Right now though, it looks like it might be doable... >,> As I said, it is a long term goal, but looking is free :)

I was actually just looking into tax numbers and such myself. It will likely make my head spin when I start actually try filling out all the paperwork needed. Right now though, it looks like it might be doable... >,> As I said, it is a long term goal, but looking is free :)

My head is spinning.. What are you talking about!!! :shock:

Of course.... I need to post some pics of my "work station"- aka, the kitchen table and my handy-dandy "office in a box" (I kid you not, a cardboard box with folders, binders, manillas... chock full of notes, recipes, order lists/wishlists, resources...)
I never, ever, in a million years would have thought the paper-work aspect of this could be so.... much.

But it's do-able.... I think.... I keep telling myself that... lol :Kitten Love:

Welcome to the forum and to soaping. It's addictive and fun and for sure a wild ride! Have fun!!!!

Latest posts

Back