Hi from Montreal!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariash

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to making soap, I tried the simple and fun pre-made recipes and decided to try my hand at the real ones with lye. I love everything natural, as organic as possible without going nuts about it, but I like the process and chemistry of it all. (I used to lock myself in the bathroom as a kid and play "laboratory" mixing shampoos and shaving cream and my Moms expensive oils...) I am concentrating on "Oven" Cold Process Soap now. I mostly use empty milk cartons or silicone molds.:)

Hello Mariash, I am new to soaping as well and am in Manitoba.

Welcome.gif
Howdy from Colorado USA! There are many Newbies and Semi-newbies here so you are in good company. You might want to take some time to read info posted on the Beginner's Forum -- especially the Stickies. There's lots of good information there to help you. Once you create or find a recipe you'd like to try, plan on making a small 1 pound (500 grams) batch. Run the recipe through a calculator like SoapCalc or Soapee then you can get feedback by starting a new thread on the Recipe Feedback Forum (non-soap items too).

This is a fun read and advice on what to avoid when first starting out:

What advice would you give to your beginning soaping self?
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=62916

Latest posts

Back