Hi from Maryland!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Second Impression

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Emily from Maryland. I've been soaping for about 2 years now and am totally addicted. After giving out my CP soaps for Christmas, now my family and hubby's coworkers are also hooked and demanding that I make more to sell to them. I never expected so much support for my hobby and am thrilled that it promises to at least pay for itself. About me, I'm a SAHM of 3 going to school part time with dreams of becoming a midwife. I also enjoy gardening and yarn crafts.

Hey Em! I'm also a Marylander and just joined today! This soap making stuff is so fun, I'm a major newbie and have yet to even consider going the CP route. For now I'm experimenting with different colors and essential oils. My fave so far has been adding orange peel puree. Oh, and I just cut apart a boxed wine to use as a loaf mold Haha!

Hey Em! I'm also a Marylander and just joined today! This soap making stuff is so fun, I'm a major newbie and have yet to even consider going the CP route. For now I'm experimenting with different colors and essential oils. My fave so far has been adding orange peel puree. Oh, and I just cut apart a boxed wine to use as a loaf mold Haha!

Awesome! Where are you at? I'm in AA County.

Mmm I love orange smelly soaps! One of my first batches was sweet orange EO with orange peel and this was before I knew what trace looked like. Well, it hadn't traced yet when I dumped the EO and peels in and was totally rancid when I tried to cut it 2 days later! I learned from that experience but man that was painful to toss 4lbs of soap in the trash. I now thankfully have no trouble recognizing trace LOL

Latest posts

Back