Hi everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there.:smile:
I just made my first ever batch of soap last weekend using the crockpot.
It looks pretty good and I am waiting for a fragrance so I can do another.
This forum is awesome to a beginner like me.
Thanks to all of you for sharing all your great ideas and soap stories!

Any Pics? Any advice for someone who might be trying their first batch tonight? You said you used a crock pot did you do a HP batch?

I don't have pics and yes did HP after watching a you tube video.
I don't really have any tips besides watch videos!
I still have tons of questions about the differences with HP and CP and it looks like I will find most the answers here.
This was a simple 1st batch with veg oil, olive, cco. I used a fragrance I bought at the hobby store which is just ok.
I used an old cheese box lined with freezer paper for a mold and a meat cleaver to cut. They both worked pretty well.
I am wanting to keep this pretty inexpensive until I know what I'm doing but having that first few bars actually turn out has been really encouraging!
This might be a fun winter hobby for me if the next one turns out.
The beautiful soap everyone is making here is amazing.
Mine kind of looks like a marbled light cheese color. I don't know what the marbling means, good or bad thing, but I like the way it looks.
I will try to get some pics. Have fun!

Welcome Hlee. Love the cheese box mold. My first molds were made out of 2x4's screwed together. I have only been soaping since July. There is a wealth of knowledge on here so keep a notepad handy.

Congrats on your first batch! Did you let it sit to get harder or try it right away? What's the texture like, and the lather?

Thanks for the welcomes!
I had to try it right away lol! I could barely wait to get it out of the mold I was so curious to see if it turned out.
The rest of it can sit for a couple more weeks .
I have been wanting to try this forever and finally got motivated enough to do it.
I can see why there are so many soap making addicts, it is fun!
I made another batch today. I am waiting for a fragrance to come and it hasn't yet but I could not wait any longer so this is not scented.
I used milk, honey, oatmeal and some different fats/oils than the first batch.
It behaved differently and color is different but keeping fingers x's that it turns out ok.
To bad I don't enjoy cooking food this much!

Back