Hey Everyone!!! Ducky here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is little bit about Ducky

Welcome to the forum. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thank you for the opportunity.
My journey started in 2004. I started making bath and body products. I started with bath bombs, and all kind of soaps at the beginning, then I couldn't stop :) That was a good sign because, I get bored so easily... Then took a break, went to unv. for business. After finishing school, I wanted to start my own business. I named it "Duck In A Tub" :)

2006-2010 - I started joining the shows at the mall, to see the potential of my products. It was okay that time, but it was also an expensive move, after the mall rents, and the insurance and etc... It was a learning process. I wanted to get in to the big trade shows, like CNE in Toronto, which is even more expensive, but that was the only way to know. I did really well the first two years. I met so many people, it felt good. But also, I realized that, I had to improve my product like 10x more to get where I want to get.

2011 - Moved to another city, Timmins, ON. I started at the mall, and stayed there for 11 months. I did really well, Christmas Time, so generated some money, but then , after Christmas, It didn't work for me. I met my life partner at the mall, and today we still work together.

2012-2014 - Started doing only Trade Shows, so I have traveled , I was always on the road with my product. It was actually so much fun. I came back to Timmins. There was another mall, The Porcupine Mall. So the rent was affordable, and I stayed there 9 months... It was working better for me. I decided to open my first store, I got the keys. But One month before opening my first store, the mall got on fire http://www.timminspress.com/2014/06/19/fire-at-porcupine-mall#
So I lost everything, that day. Fast forward; we opened our first store, and moved on...

2015 - 2017 We opened our second store in Sudbury,ON. and this year we started wholesaling in Canada...

It has been a very challenged & interesting journey, but I love every part of it. There are still too many good things happening in life...

Hope you enjoyed my story... Nice to meet you everyone. I will share some of my product pictures here time to time, and try to be helpful with the production questions as much as I can.

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry your shop caught on fire, what a dreadful thing to happen.

Welcome!! Sudbury is a 3 hour drive from me! I'll have to check out your shop next time I visit there.

I remember reading about the Timmins mall fire, so sorry that it destroyed your business - wow, I can't even imagine. Glad to hear you've bounced back and you're finding success, that's great.

Welcome!! Sudbury is a 3 hour drive from me! I'll have to check out your shop next time I visit there.

I remember reading about the Timmins mall fire, so sorry that it destroyed your business - wow, I can't even imagine. Glad to hear you've bounced back and you're finding success, that's great.

Thank you :) We are at the Rainbow Centre, right beside dollarama, across the food court... I love Sudbury, one day i might move there :)

Back