Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I melt mine in with my solid fats, such as coconut oil, lard, shea butter etc., in the microwave. Mix all the oils and melted fats, (that have been melted with stearic acid or lauric acid). After the fats and oils have been thoroughly blended, add the lye water to them and stick blend until the mixture traces .

Hi ,

This is My Commercial Soap Recipe , I would like add some Herbal ( E:g Neem / Herbal )

How Much (Gram ) Herbal i need to add in Soap , Pls help

upload_2018-9-16_11-51-6.png

Are you using need OIL? Or the dry leaves of the plant?

Need oil can be added at 3% to 6% of total weight of oils. You have 1000 grams total of oils in your recipe, so find 3% (or 4, or 5, or 6) percent of 1000.

I think that is going to be a poor bar of soap. Also, very difficult to work with all of those hard oils and the soap batter will trace very quickly. I would completely leave out the stearic acid. Palm oil is all you need to make a hard bar of soap. It doesn't lather - coconut oil makes large bubbles. Olive and other soft oils help balance out those out.

**since you are new to soap making, I would change your water/lye ratio to the default setting. (click on - water as a percent of oils - 38)

I have no experience working with oleic acid, myristic or lauric acid.

What oils do you have? I see palm oil. Any animal fats like lard? Coconut oil? Olive oil? Other soft oil like rice bran oil, high oleic safflower or sunflower? A small bit of castor oil (5%) helps support the bubble/lather.

I would try something like this. You can change the those amounts up and down a little by about 5 t0 10 % and still get a good soap. I wouldn't go over 25% coconut oil - it can be drying to the skin.

45% palm
35% olive
20% coconut

Last edited:
The ingredients should be listed on the MP package or the site you purchased it from. They vary a bit from brand to brand. Or are you trying to make your own.

Hi, i am trying to make my own ,

Propylene Glycol 18.80%
Glycerol (Vegetable Glycerin) 6.27%
70% Sorbitol Solution
17.09% Bio-terg/Sodium Laureth Sulfate
30.23% Stearic Acid
12.99% Myristic Acid
6.05% Lye (50% NaOH)
6.05% Triethanolamine 2.49%

Pls advice

Hi mr pragasbalan, it's night time for many of the forum members. I'm afraid you'll have to wait several hours to see if anyone can help you with your recipe.

Back