Help with DOS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKjulz

Reaction score
So I've been soaping for 10+ years. Used the same recipe for years. Suddenly getting DOS on some batches. The one thing I can think of that changed is where my bulk oils are stored. I have a soaping lab in our new garage that has in floor heat and my large jugs of oil and 5 gal buckets sit on the floor. Do you think the extra heat from this could be shortening the oils shelf life?

That's the idea we had as well, get them raised up off the floor...at least during winter when the heats on.

I was not aware of that, looks like I need to search out gmp and see what other areas I may be slacking in! Thanks

Thanks Cindy, just ordered both books. Fairly confident about my labeling, but you can never be too sure and there's always more to learn!!

What's the temperature in the garage in the summer? My garage is like a second refrigerator in the winter and like an oven in the summer. I hesitate to store soaping oils in the garage in the summer for that very reason.

I'm in Alaska so it doesn't get too warm. Probably about 60-65 in the garage in the summer.

Latest posts

Back