Help with bath bomb cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamela

Reaction score
So a friend and I got together to make bath bomb cupcakes. We used a typical bath fizzy recipe and she had a recipe for the frosting with meringue powder, powdered sugar, corn starch and water. After a couple of days the frosting top is not sticking to the bottom. Any suggestions??? We made 48 of the things....ugh. I didn't want to make so many but she was really eager.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those look wonderful! That's a shame that the tops aren't adhering to the bottom part. I had the same problem but I used whipped soap for my "frosting". Someone suggested I should use a fork to scratch the bottom to leave ridges so the frosting would sink in a little and basically be attached to the bottom.

I can't really answer about the meringue frosting because I've never tried it. Have you checked out SoapQueen's blog about making CupCake Bath Bombs?

those look gorgeous!
such a shame they're separating, maybe you could 'glue' them together with a bit of melt & pour?

Re:

saltydog said:
Pamela said:
saltydog said:
maybe you could 'glue' them together with a bit of melt & pour?

I was wondering if that would work....got nothing to lose :?

try it, let us know!

Actually glued them with some cocoa butter...melted, drizzled it on the bottom and the next day they were stuck and have held up ever since.

hi i make alot of cupcake bath bombs i would say your best bet would be to keep them in the case so the frosting can stick to that, as for now if m&p does not work mix some more frosting ( not as thick ) so its alot more sticky and pop a blob on the middle of each one and put the top bk down it should work but you will have to be careful with them all.

Pure genius! Using cocoa butter as the glue is a wonderful idea and it adds some nice conditioning to the bath...

Latest posts

Back