help! hot process?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juba

Reaction score
I have a batch of soap in the crock pot...following a you tube video ..I am not seeing my batch do anything that the video shows...
I mixed together the oils and lye mixture ... mixed/stirred to trace (which happened very fast)
waited for the separation, covered and then waited for it to turn on itself..
The mixture got very very thick..
so far that is what is happening...
will the turning happen soon?

hee hee..sorry..the newbie panics!

Sorry, everyone!
I am like a new mother who feels like she is going to hurt her newborn! lol
I just need to be patient and watch the crockpot.
It is turning..
I'll post what happens after I mold it!

I have only done HP a couple times.. from what I gather. some depends on what setting and the temp your crock pot holds.. so I think everyone will be a little different..

Just be aware that you may not get all the "stages" that you see in videos. Mine doesn't do all of those things. I bring it to a very thick trace and once the entire batch is like mashed potatoes, I take some out and zap test. Mine never separates and usually doesn't roll over on itself. As long as the entire batch has cooked with no ungelled lumps and it doesn't zap, you are good to go.

Mine half the time separates and NEVER rolls over on itself (I stir it too much... pick pick pick) so yes, don't expect everything the videos say, just wait until it looks really waxy or thick, take a little bit out and zap test it, once it doesn't zap you can mold. Don't wait too long or it can dry out.

Latest posts

Back