Quantcast

hello

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dragonmaker

Reaction score
dragon nest, soap porch, garden, or goat pen
I've been making soap for about a year and have lurked the forum for a while before finally deciding to join the fun!

I love making soap. I have a small herd of dwarf milk goats, a few little kids I adore, and a husband who loves to make room in our budget to enable my hobbies.

My very first soap was a cold process soap using leftover frozen goat milk and Great Value shortening (the kind with tallow). I managed to wait a full 6 weeks to try it out (I thought curiosity was going to kill this cat!) and fell in love with making my own soap! I've branched out to making a soaping science notebook and experimenting with different % balances of different oils to find our ideal soap. I am definitely still on the journey to my favorite, but have enjoyed all the good soaps along the way!

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.:)

Basil

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome dragonmaker ! Are your goats Nigerians? I have goats too. I’m one of those people who can’t stop talking about goats if you get me started 😂. Milking used to be for cheese and it soon became soap too! This forum has been so helpful for me!

Loran

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really know how to make dragons???? May I put in an order for a fire breathing one??? Goats are funny. We had a Nubian and a Nigerian dwarf but got rid of them due to space and no time for them. They are stinky, and hump everything!🤣🤣🤣 welcome to the forum, it’s an awesome place with down to earth helpful people. You will learn so so much here. See ya out there Dragon😊

dragonmaker

Reaction score
dragon nest, soap porch, garden, or goat pen
@Loran yes, I do know how to make dragons! I made the two in my avatar. My kids say they breathe fire! I make crochet soft sculptures and dragons are my favorite. I make them with or without wire skeletons. I’m taking a break from crochet for a few months so I can focus on my new baby. It’s hard to work with yarn while a curious infant is trying to eat your crochet hook!

You are so right about bucks. They are stinky and single-minded. Doe goats aren’t too bad. They don’t smell bad and are a lot less breeding obsessed than bucks unless they are in heat, which is just like most creatures.

Basil

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Loran

You are so right about bucks. They are stinky and single-minded. Doe goats aren’t too bad. They don’t smell bad and are a lot less breeding obsessed than bucks unless they are in heat, which is just like most creatures.
I can’t necessarily disagree, but I have 1 buck, one wether, 2 bucklings I started breeding last week and 15 does 😂
Your dragons are beautiful!!