hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonmaker

Reaction score
dragon nest, soap porch, garden, or goat pen
I've been making soap for about a year and have lurked the forum for a while before finally deciding to join the fun!

I love making soap. I have a small herd of dwarf milk goats, a few little kids I adore, and a husband who loves to make room in our budget to enable my hobbies.

My very first soap was a cold process soap using leftover frozen goat milk and Great Value shortening (the kind with tallow). I managed to wait a full 6 weeks to try it out (I thought curiosity was going to kill this cat!) and fell in love with making my own soap! I've branched out to making a soaping science notebook and experimenting with different % balances of different oils to find our ideal soap. I am definitely still on the journey to my favorite, but have enjoyed all the good soaps along the way!

Welcome dragonmaker ! Are your goats Nigerians? I have goats too. I’m one of those people who can’t stop talking about goats if you get me started 😂. Milking used to be for cheese and it soon became soap too! This forum has been so helpful for me!

Do you really know how to make dragons???? May I put in an order for a fire breathing one??? Goats are funny. We had a Nubian and a Nigerian dwarf but got rid of them due to space and no time for them. They are stinky, and hump everything!🤣🤣🤣 welcome to the forum, it’s an awesome place with down to earth helpful people. You will learn so so much here. See ya out there Dragon😊

@Loran yes, I do know how to make dragons! I made the two in my avatar. My kids say they breathe fire! I make crochet soft sculptures and dragons are my favorite. I make them with or without wire skeletons. I’m taking a break from crochet for a few months so I can focus on my new baby. It’s hard to work with yarn while a curious infant is trying to eat your crochet hook!

You are so right about bucks. They are stinky and single-minded. Doe goats aren’t too bad. They don’t smell bad and are a lot less breeding obsessed than bucks unless they are in heat, which is just like most creatures.

@Loran

You are so right about bucks. They are stinky and single-minded. Doe goats aren’t too bad. They don’t smell bad and are a lot less breeding obsessed than bucks unless they are in heat, which is just like most creatures.

I can’t necessarily disagree, but I have 1 buck, one wether, 2 bucklings I started breeding last week and 15 does 😂
Your dragons are beautiful!!

@Loran yes, I do know how to make dragons! I made the two in my avatar. My kids say they breathe fire! I make crochet soft sculptures and dragons are my favorite. I make them with or without wire skeletons.
They are precious! I'm looking forward to reading all about your soapy adventures.
Welcome.gif

Latest posts

Back