Hello to all your senior soapers!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Kiran off topic from soap: I had the wonderful experience of attending a wedding in Bangalore three years ago. It was an amazing city and culture. My travels in India were mostly in Bangalore, but I also traveled to Arsikere and Mysore. I hope to go again, this time to visit Goa. My friend has now moved to the Netherlands, but we have talked about in a few years possibly meeting up in Goa. (although I would like to visit her in the Netherlands too, I've never been to Europe!)
Hi AMD,

India has 29 states which are largely formed on the Language spoken in those areas, so that is a whole lot of formally recognized Languages.
Each of these states have a different culture and food and each of them are very colorful and bright.
This is what is known world over, but what is not really known is that every 50 KM or so the dialect of the language spoken changes and so does the food and even the culture even though they all are generally the same over all, it can get quite overwhelming even for us Indians, so could get a be a bit too much for foreigners to comprehend.

Goa is a completely different culture when compared to the general pattern followed in the rest of India.
It too is a beautiful place with amazing beaches, rocking parties, not too well kept but beautiful old forts and then the Portuguese architecture.

I am not much of a culture vulture (unless it is Turkey's!! :) ) so this is the best I can add to what you said.
If you need any help in Goa do let know know i have friends there as i did my schooling there.

Welcome to India!!

Kind regards, Thomas

Back