Quantcast

Hello Soap Guru :)

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Sas

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been in this forum for 3 days now and just realized that I supposed to introduced myself here.
I started this soap journey because Im bored, not much to do during the pandemic and Im allergic to most soap (I have eczema) so I thought this would be a good time to start dive in to this journey.

Im already addicting watching soap tutorial and that has become my night routine.
Im here for the tip, trick, suggestion, and simply enjoying looking at other people soap.

So far you guys have been amazing giving me feedback on my recipe and many other suggestion.
So thank you! Much appreciate.

Sas

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

For for someone with eczema, consider a high-lard soap with zero coconut oil, 10-20% neem oil, 10% sweet almond oil, 8% castor oil, goat’s milk, colloidal oats, and little to no fragrance. To increase bubbles, add some form of sugar (table sugar, honey, molasses, sorbitol, aloe vera juice for water, etc). Powdered goat milk is easier for beginners since you just blend it into your oils and don’t need to worry about the lye scorching it.

The numbers don’t look great on the soap calculator, and it isn’t long-lasting, but it is super gentle on the skin and has a creamy lather. It has helped my husband’s eczema and psoriasis tremendously. Sometimes I add a bit of shea or cocoa butter for extra hardness, but his skin likes it better without.

The neem oil will turn the soap brown, so don’t plan on coloring it. Due to the high lard, this soap benefits from a longer cure, like 6-8 weeks minimum. The bubbles will be much better after that.

Sas

Reaction score
Welcome!

For for someone with eczema, consider a high-lard soap with zero coconut oil, 10-20% neem oil, 10% sweet almond oil, 8% castor oil, goat’s milk, colloidal oats, and little to no fragrance. To increase bubbles, add some form of sugar (table sugar, honey, molasses, sorbitol, aloe vera juice for water, etc). Powdered goat milk is easier for beginners since you just blend it into your oils and don’t need to worry about the lye scorching it.

The numbers don’t look great on the soap calculator, and it isn’t long-lasting, but it is super gentle on the skin and has a creamy lather. It has helped my husband’s eczema and psoriasis tremendously. Sometimes I add a bit of shea or cocoa butter for extra hardness, but his skin likes it better without.

The neem oil will turn the soap brown, so don’t plan on coloring it. Due to the high lard, this soap benefits from a longer cure, like 6-8 weeks minimum. The bubbles will be much better after that.
@AliOop Thank you so much for the suggestion! I got Aloe in the fridge, will definitely add it to my next batch :)

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome :). My hints tips and tricks - start reading the Beginners forum from now, backwards and use the search engine - top right hand side for quick answers to your questions.

Reactions: Sas

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.:)

Reactions: Sas