Hello from TN!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveOscar

Reaction score
Hi,I'm Jessica, Oscar is my dog. ^_^

Extra newbie here. Picked up a book a week ago about cold process soap making (Soap Crafting by Anne-Marie Faiola, The Soap Queen). I haven't even made my first batch yet, but I did pick up a pound of lye today, and I will be picking up oils and a loaf mold soon to start a batch. So, figured I'd find a forum and familiarize myself and see what I can pick up reading through every one else's experiences. I'm uber excited. I'm so going to mess it up, but for once I don't seem to care. I'm looking forward to trying a few soap recipes involving avocado, pumpkin, and goat's milk. I'm not into the neon colors and funky bright stuff, but I'm really piqued about the food formula's. I'll be asking questions soon, especially about essential oils and understanding them. I have a few friends willing to guinea pig themselves out to me for this, so we'll see how it goes. I'd love to start with solid soaps and eventually move onto lotions maybe, and hopefully get advanced enough to sell one day.

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're raring to go. You'll find a lot of info here but I have to warn you - soapmaking is addicting. You'll soon start looking at everything in the grocery or walking through someplace like Walmart and eyeing items while wondering if you can use it for soapmaking. :lol:

Hey there, I'm in the Nashville area and just started making cp soap too. So far I've made 3 different recipes of cp soap and one salt bar. Going to try another soap bar recipe today. The hardest thing for me is waiting until each batch cures to see if the recipe has the qualities I'm looking for. I have very dry sensitive skin. I wish I had found out about homemade soap years ago. I wouldn't have spent so much time itching and with rashes!

Latest posts

Back