Hello from "tHe sOaPinG TrUckEr"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You read correct.. I am "tHe sOaPinG TrUckEr"

I am an over the road truck driver. I pull a food grade tanker.. I haul food grade oils: ie: PKO, Palm, Coconut, Cocoa Butter, Soy and Chocolate. What to do with 2-5 gallons left in the tank after a delivery??? MAKE SOAP...

I have created my own procedure for doing soaping from the truck. The hardest part for me is lining the mold. Not exactly enough room in the truck.
I mix the lye solution outside the truck and let it cool on the fender while I go into the cab and nuke the hard oils and mix the soft oils.

My family currently resides in WV where I get to "visit" about once a month. I am married with 2 boys and 1 little princess (and she knows it). I actually started out making candles in an effort to reduce my blood pressure.. It worked. Now that I am over the road again I needed a new hobby..

Hoiw do you rinse the tank after 1 delivery & bwfore the other so the oils don't mingle? Just curious. I am going to feel real dumb if you remove/replace the tanks when shipments change :lol: .

Tabitha said:
Hoiw do you rinse the tank after 1 delivery & bwfore the other so the oils don't mingle? Just curious. I am going to feel real dumb if you remove/replace the tanks when shipments change :lol: .

Between each load we have to go to a tank wash to have the interior of the tank washed out with different detergents depending on the product hauled. Then the tank is rinsed and dried with forced air. Not only the tank, also the pump and hoses. I have the tank wash clean my utensils also.

Back