Hello from Kentucky!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwystedPryncess

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been spying and reading and thought I would stop being a shybird! I have joined a couple forums to help A) learn! and B) not drive everyone SO crazy talking about soap.

I have addicted my whole family a little bit in some ways since I have started to make soap (they just have their limits with my chatter). My son is my bath bomb tester extraordinaire. My daughter helps in the actual making and likes picking scents and designs. My boyfriend helps in most all of the areas. I'm grateful for his support. I have NO shortage of testers. Brother, sisters, children-- so lucky to have all of them!

By day I create wire work jewelry. I recently had to give up a full time job due to my fibromyalgia. The fibro led me to pursue my wire work full time and I have been able to turn what many people would find a huge obstacle into a huge blessing. I also started my path to learning about soap due to the fibro and my never ending quests to A) Learn a new hobby (again!) and B) Find a healthier way of living.

I have always been a creative person. I learned to crochet and sew on a sewing machine at seven years old. These gifts were given to me by each of my grandmothers and they set me on a life long path of exploration. I now have learned way too many 'hobbies' to list here. My favorites for now, though, are tatting and Irish crochet, when I indulge in pure 'me' time. I have focused all of my time when not creating jewelry into the world of soap, though, and enjoy it immensely.

I did a lot of reading before I started soaping. I've been soaping a few months now, have learned a lot, and look forward to learning a lot more. I see a lot of similar and differing opinions on many different aspects of the craft. It's great to be able to have 'live audiences' to discuss these things with. At any rate, I look forward to being here!

Hi there & welcome! :wave: It sounds like your creativity takes MANY different forms which is amazing! So many people here also do various forms of art other than soap so you'll find many kindred spirits. Happy to have you here!

Latest posts

Back