Hello from FLA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirona71

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm brand new to soaping. I made my first batch Friday night. (whooohooo) Not sure how it's gonna turn out though LOL.

Thing is... I've always ordered homemade soaps online. I moved down here and one day I was at a ...kinda like a vendor bazaar. I found some home made soaps. I bought a few for an incredibly high price, but I figured since I used to buy them online, I paid for shipping and that made up for it, LOL

Then I thought, I could PROBABLY do this myself. I'm into aromatherapy (a lot), herbs, etc. I've made bath salts and oils and sold them on ebay. Why not try my hand at soaping. I must say, even before I actually made my first batch on Friday, I was addicted. Addicted to reading about it, collecting supplies, collecting websites in my favs.

But that vendor thing, is only across the street in a new civic center. They're allowing people to set up shop there like every other Friday for $25. I could do my soaps, salts, oils, even a few of my infused vinegars and oils...whatever else suits my fancy, and probably make up for the $25.

The only thing I don't have right now is a proper soap mold. I used a rubbermaid shoe box, which when I purchased it (for a couple dollars), I didn't realize it had the bevels in the bottom. I unmolded today and it made for a really ugly soap.

Anyway. I googled 'soapmaking forum' and I found you guys. I'm looking to learn a lot and maybe make a few cyber-friends lol.

ttyl
Kim

Hi , could you cut the bevels out or top them with a piece of cardboard . A shoebox or any box lined with freezer paper will work too.

Kitn

Welcome!

Congratulations on your first batch! Make sure we see some pictures. :D

Jude

Latest posts

Back