Hello from Alberta!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moondancer

Reaction score
Hi all!

I started making soaps about two months ago. Many years ago I tried my hand at HP and CP both and enjoyed it but now I've discovered the joys of MP. Wow! So many ways to make a bar of soap. :lol: I'm trying to set up a business with this stuff... sort of a retirement thing to make a few extra bucks, so am doing some other things like scrubs and such as well. Hopefully I can make a go of it. This place looks awesome and jam packed with ideas and info. Thank you all for sharing what you know with newbies like me.

Hi Star Duster!
Your name is pretty magical too. Moondancer is the name I use for my soap products. :) I even designed a logo so things will look professional when I actually get going with this. There really isn't much of a story behind the name. I wanted something I could use for all of my soaps and candles and thought about it for days. Then one evening this one just sort of popped into my head and it's been with me ever since. :lol:

Hey there Moondancer from a former Calgarian who has returned to her roots on the Sunshine Coast in BC! So where in Alberta are you? There are some other Alberta soapers here as well.

Cheers
Lindy

Hi Lindy,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm south of Calgary about an hour in a little town called Vulcan. It ain't much, but it's home... at least for now. LOL

Hello to all of you and thanks for the welcomes! Sorry I didn't get back to you quicker but I was having a heck of a time logging on. For some reason it would not accept my password. Now I know it was right, cause I've used it for a long time. LOL Gremlins! Anyway... thank you all. Have a wonderful day!

Isn't that just the end all - my uncle was born in Vulcan and I've been through more times than I can count - Live Long & Prosper....

Wow Lindy! Small world. I moved here a little over 3 years ago. This year is going to be a huge Trek convention because 2009 is the 20th Anniversary of the KAG/Kanada (Klingon Assault Group) and a whole bunch of them are coming. Also, Vulcan has been trying to get the next Star Trek movie premiere here... they're talking about having a special show in Calgary, because Vulcan just plain doesn't have the facilities to host such a thing. It's been interesting though and even "Mr. Spock" (Leonard Nimoy) has gotten involved. Anyway, the place has actually been growing the last couple of years. LOL Huge surprise to the old towns-folk.

I had heard that! I've always been a trekkie and I thought it was so cool that a small town in Alberta would end up with such a famous name! I look forward to getting to know you better - yeah it is a small world!

Latest posts

Back