Hello everyone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsupisces

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and soap making. I decided to give soap making a try because everything I use from the grocery store breaks my skin out. I can only use sensitive skin soaps. Do you have any suggestions for combination/oily skin? I am slowly gathering my supplies and oils. I have been using soapcalc to see what I can formulate. Thanks for your help.

Hello and welcome!

JMO, but I recommend mild soap for combination/oily skin. If you over cleanse your skin, the sebaceous glands will produce more oil to rebalance the skin. The mildest soap would probably be castile. However, several members have mentioned salt bars helped their skin. There are discussions about these different types of bars in the CP section.

Have you looked at what ingredients are in the soap you can use? This would give you a starting point for formulating a recipe.

Thanks Hazel. I was thinking of trying a castile with Tea Tree Oil. I also read about salt bars. I'm hoping to get started soon.

Latest posts

Back