Hello Everyone!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tienne

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Tienne and I am a soap addict. It's been 3 days since my last loaf... :)

How did I get here? Well, for a long time, every time I did a Google search for anything soap-making related, I somehow always ended up on this forum and so I reckoned I might as well just skip the "middleman" and just join the forum straight up. I have already learnt so much here, reading, reading and reading some more and by joining, I hope to now also get to meet some like-minded people at the same time. :)

I am from Australia originally, but have lived more than half my life in Denmark and for the last 5 years I have lived in rural Sweden. I love it here! ... but it's not easy being a soaper in Sweden because it is extremely difficult to acquire even the most basic soap-making ingredients and equipment here. Seeing that I also live out in the countryside, far away from any shops, the challenge is even greater, (and I don't even have a car) but where there's a will, there's a way. I just thank heaven for online shopping! :D

Well, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself... I am a bit nervous if I can figure out how to post things the right place, so please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I am very happy to have found this place. :)

xox Tienne

Hi Tienne,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Wow! It sounds rough where you live and now I feel a tad ashamed for complaining about not being near anything. At least I'm in town and can get some oils at the grocery. Also, don't worry if you post something in the wrong place. We can easily move it to the right section. :grin:

Hello Tienne, welcome to the forum. It's been 2 long weeks since my last loaf. Enjoy your time here

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Hi Tienne, and welcome!
I lived in Sweden, on the west coast, for 7 years and also loved it ...... Except for the long, dark winter! (We moved south to France 6 years ago.)

Hi! :wave: Yes, it's an addiction for sure. I fell off the wagon this morning and made a batch of bastile. If you start making soap for your family just be aware that they will love it and become just as addicted to it as you are. ;)

Hi Tienne

Welcome to the forum, we have lots of suppliers here now, you might just have to come back here and live so you can do your soaping :lolno:.

Hi Tienne, and welcome!
I lived in Sweden, on the west coast, for 7 years and also loved it ...... Except for the long, dark winter! (We moved south to France 6 years ago.)

I used to hate the winter when I lived in the city (in Copenhagen) but now I can't wait for it to arrive! I moved to the countryside because I wanted to slow down and get away from the stress of the city, but by golly, I never would have guessed how much work goes into "homesteading"!! It's crazy!

There's weeding and sowing and mowing and planting and pruning and picking and pickling and drying and canning and juicing and... it just never ends! Not until winter time arrives, that is. Oh, the joy of the blessed relaxing winter. Bring it on! :D

Winter time is when I actually have time to soap and even though I am done with canning pears and jamming plums for this year, I still have 7 apple trees that need picking and juicing, so I really should be outside in the cold right now playing country bumpkin instead of sitting here cuddled up on the couch with a warm cat in my lap. :lol:

I feel so guilty... not. LOL

Relle9, I do get homesick quite often, even now after so many years abroad. Every time I hear a magpie or a kookaburra on the telly, I feel like just jumping on a plane and going home. I have never bought or used eucalyptus EO in my soaps either, because the scent of it will probably make me cry. :lol:

Homesteading is a tough way of life, Tienne - so I fully understand why you like winter! And while I don't miss the long, dark winter, I do miss the Christmas lights in everyone's windows, and the glögg and pepparkaka! And good friends, of course ......

Relle9, I do get homesick quite often, even now after so many years abroad. Every time I hear a magpie or a kookaburra on the telly, I feel like just jumping on a plane and going home. I have never bought or used eucalyptus EO in my soaps either, because the scent of it will probably make me cry. :lol:

Plenty of maggies around now as it's spring and we've had 35 degree days. I don't use eucalyptus much because it reminds me when you have a cold and I think of it as a medicinal smell.

Welcome! I loved reading your story. Being in Michigan I get a little bit of the "eternal darkness" in the winter.

Homesteading is a tough way of life, Tienne - so I fully understand why you like winter! And while I don't miss the long, dark winter, I do miss the Christmas lights in everyone's windows, and the glögg and pepparkaka! And good friends, of course ......

Ah, Glögg and pepparkakor! Not to forget Danish æbleskiver, too. They aren't just Christmas treats, you know... they're survival mechanisms. LOL

I have never been to Scandinavia but have always been fascinated by that part of the world. You are pretty much living my dream :smile:

And my dream is to live somewhere, where ALL the soaping supplies I could ever need or hope or wish for, are right at hand.... and where shipping costs don't actually far exceed what you're actually buying! To me, the U.S must be a soapmaker's paradise! *Sigh* Lucky you.

Ah, yes. The grass is always greener... :)

*Giggling*

While reading these last comments. I'm hearing the song "Classic" by Adrian Gurvitz running through my mind, except the lyrics go;

Got to soap a classic
Gonna soap it in an attic
Babe, I'm an addict now
An addict for your love!

I am a strange boy
A stick blender is my best toy
Found it easy to enjoy you
I'm no different from the rest
But I mixed it all the wrong ways
Just lookin' for a light trace
If I changed to another oil
Would the difference make it
Would it be a classic
I gotta soap it right away

Etc, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a0Q6tvfmNs

It's late here (2:06 AM) and I'm really tired and I just know I'm gonna regret this post in the morning. LOL

I wasn't rubbing it in, I was speaking as an addict. I am itching for some soaping action again, just ordered used silicone loaf molds today and plotting my next fix!:Kitten Love:

Okay, I believe you since I know you are addicted.

Tienne -

Watch out for this lady. She'll tempt you into making all sorts of soap and you'll soon find yourself living in a house with walls of soap.

Please don't regret the post. I love your lyrics and I also like the song. Thanks for sharing it! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back