hello and I'm here to learn.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keds45

Reaction score
I've dabbled with making soap for a few years, I've made about 6 batches of cold process soap (with varying degrees of success), and countless melt and pour soaps. I like both methods-as far as I can tell they each have their different challenges. I've decided I want to get serious and learn as much as I can, and I have a teen age daughter that is a "science nerd". She's completely captivated by the science that goes into cold process soaps.
So I'm here to "study up" and learn as much as I can! Hello and Thanks!!

animated-welcome-image-0119.gif

Welcome to the forum. Have you watched the Soaping101 YouTube tutorials or the Soap Queen tutorials? They are both great!

Welcome to the forum. Have you watched the Soaping101 YouTube tutorials or the Soap Queen tutorials? They are both
Welcome to the forum. Have you watched the Soaping101 YouTube tutorials or the Soap Queen tutorials? They are both great!
I have watched the soap Queen series on beginning soap making several times over. I’ll check out Soap 101! Thanks!

I just checked Soap 101! It looks fantastic! Thanks for the rec!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Keds45!

Hello :nonono:..... where did the waving bunny go btw?

Angie is working on getting more smilies installed, and I've put in a request to get the waving bunny back, as well as a few other old favorites and a few more 'hello' waving smileys.

As an aside, although I'm fairly certain you intended to use the double-waving smiley that you posted as a friendly 'hello', it's actually a 'no, no, no' smiley (if you hover your cursor over the double-waving smiley, it says "nonono"). When I saw it in your post, I my first thought was, "Oh no- what is Soapprentice trying to warn us about!?", but then it quickly dawned on me you had mistaken it for an enthusiastic gesture of hello.

IrishLass :)

Welcome, Keds45!

Angie is working on getting more smilies installed, and I've put in a request to get the waving bunny back, as well as a few other old favorites and a few more 'hello' waving smileys.

As an aside, although I'm fairly certain you intended to use the double-waving smiley that you posted as a friendly 'hello', it's actually a 'no, no, no' smiley (if you hover your cursor over the double-waving smiley, it says "nonono"). When I saw it in your post, I my first thought was, "Oh no- what is Soapprentice trying to warn us about!?", but then it quickly dawned on me you had mistaken it for an enthusiastic gesture of hello.

IrishLass :)
Oh no!!! It’s not the 1st post where I used it... please ask angie to include face palm ‍♀️ as well! And yes, I was saying hello.... I didn’t see the name of the smiley as I am using iPad for the forum n don’t have cursor ...

Latest posts

Back