Has anyone used this soap cutter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... I have a wood and piano wire soap cutter I should post for sale. My loaves are 18" and this cuts an 11" bar so I upgraded to a larger cutter. I will try to remember to post a photo in the sales area in the next few days. It will be a lot cheaper than $200!

are you still looking for a cutter? haven't decide yet? :D my 1st preference when i was looking for a multi cutter is the tank by forcraftssake. the frame is coated aluminum, so in essence it's supposed to be tougher/lasts longer than wood. but boy oh boy the price :crazy: the one i wanted is close to 250 and that excludes shipping from USA to Asia, halfway around the world, which i believed would be around 100. so, 350-ish for a cutter is just out of my budget sadly.

No, haven't decided yet. Part of the problem is that my shaving soap (the main line) is about to switch to being primarily in tubs. That will make the need for a cutter that can handle multiple logs much less pressing. So now I'm thinking about not getting one at all.

Hmmm... I have a wood and piano wire soap cutter I should post for sale. My loaves are 18" and this cuts an 11" bar so I upgraded to a larger cutter. I will try to remember to post a photo in the sales area in the next few days. It will be a lot cheaper than $200!

I completely missed the fact that there are B/S/T boards here. *facepalm*

My shaving soaps are all in tubs but I do sell refill for the tub and it's working out well. I have a wood cutter with piano wires and it cuts 11" loaf but I just cut my loaf almost in half and then do both halves on my cutter. I end up with 1 small end piece. My husband made mine for me.

the one i'm using is from bud haffner on etsy. i have the multi and single, love them both. superb quality, okay price, lovely person to deal with.

I have a Bud Haffner multi cutter and can't wait to purchase a single. I can't say enough good about his attention to quality.

I got the multi-bar. Was debating between that and the single and just decided if I'm going to get one, I'd best just get what I want. Bud was great-- he let me know he got the order, that my request for 1 1/8 spacing would be fine, and about how long i can expect to wait for it to be made. So far so good!

I looked at Buds when I ordered my cutter last year. I ended up going with Cumberland Acoustics Multi Cutter. I have used it and it is quite the work horse. Carol is great to work with and they are now offering a cutter that can be adjusted in 1/4" increments which is on my list of things buy.

http://www.cumberlandacoustic.com/id9.html

I looked at Buds when I ordered my cutter last year. I ended up going with Cumberland Acoustics Multi Cutter. I have used it and it is quite the work horse. Carol is great to work with and they are now offering a cutter that can be adjusted in 1/4" increments which is on my list of things buy.

http://www.cumberlandacoustic.com/id9.html

which one is the adjustable one? not looking for another cutter here, just a bit curious to see..

btw, congrats silver maple... great choice :)

They don't have their adjustable cutter on their website yet but I was told by phone they are available.

I got my multi-bar cutter from Bud last week, and I LOVE it! Complete logs of perfectly-cut soap!~ It's well worth it!

It came packaged superbly, shipped earlier than anticipated, and is really well-made. Very pleased. Bud is excellent to work with.

I have one from Budd also and I've used it about 6 months now. Its wonderful and so easy to use.
In regards to the bumps someone mentioned.. I still get them with someof my soaps. The cutter didn't change it and actually I don't recall getting them before the cutter. But I don't mind them too much. The cutter is great. :

It looks like a nice setup....only about 3 more weeks till my tank arrives O.O

Just be sure to put soap logs upside down in cutters if you have anything that could pull through the soap (like lavender buds).

Latest posts

Back