Has anyone used this soap cutter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very nice looking set-up, and not very expensive compared to some others. But I haven't used it.

the one i'm using is from bud haffner on etsy. i have the multi and single, love them both. superb quality, okay price, lovely person to deal with.

I just got Bud's multi cutter last month and I love it! He was fabulous to deal with and made my wires custom spaced at 1 1/8 inch. The best part of upgrading from my cheese slicer was that I have no more little raised bumps on the cut ends of my soaps. For so long, I have been trying to find the culprit for this common problem. For me, it was a cutter issue. So happy! :)

I haven't been able to reach Bud-- someone said he's closed for awhile due to health problems and an order backlog? I've heard great things, but don't really want to wait months to get a cutter. What's his turnaround time once he's open for business again?

His shop was closed due to an order backlog when I contacted him, but he took my order anyway. I think the turnaround time was about 5-6 weeks, which he was very up front about before I paid. Couldn't be happier with the cutter :)

Thanks--- I'll try to contact him again. I'd love to buy from him if I can-- always nice to support a small business artisan :)

Bud may have a metal 1" left in the mod 3 style, he is no longer making them. You can contact him through facebook, that is where he mentioned that he wasn't making them any more. He is listed under Buds Woodshop. They are super nice, very heavy duty, and this style lies flat it's is good for limited spaces. Only drawback is you will have to cut long logs in two. He was selling it for $179 plus shipping.

You will not be disappointed with Bud's cutters. I've had mine for a year and could not be happier with it! Perfect bars everytime.

etsy.com/shop/budhaffner

you bought one of them?

wow, for me, those are too expensive haha...
*looking the price tag in US dollars and convert to ID Rupiah*

I have a single slot manual soap cutter, I ordered from a carpenter near my house. I got a wooden soap cutter and a wooden soap mold for US$ 9.0 only

They were the least expensive multi-bar cutters I've seen with raving reviews. I have a couple of single-bar cutters but aren't happy with the results. The way I see it, Bud's cutter will pay for itself within a year based on the number of bars I usually deem 'unsellable' due to being cut crooked; with those bars cut straight, they can be sold and the cutter will be profitable after that.

I can't spend $300 on a cutter right now, but under $200 with shipping is do-able. I'm excited!

Last edited:
you bought one of them?

wow, for me, those are too expensive haha...
*looking the price tag in US dollars and convert to ID Rupiah*

I have a single slot manual soap cutter, I ordered from a carpenter near my house. I got a wooden soap cutter and a wooden soap mold for US$ 9.0 only

lucky you to found a good carpenter, i can't so i chose Bud :) i think it's a good long term investment at the end since i'm selling and these cutters have helped me a lot, saved me time too.

i took a peek at Bud's etsy shop last night and found it to be almost non existent. i hope he's okay and just busy. he's pretty punctual time wise, and if there's a delay he'll tell you upfront. he is real easy to deal with, and i am recommending him to those looking for a cutter. you won't be sorry :)

There's another guy there on Etsy that seems to be making the exact same designs at very similar prices. (A bit higher.)

Anyone know anything about him? https://www.etsy.com/shop/plowboyzwoodshop

Funny you should mention him, because he just started following me on Etsy the other day...out of the blue, I've never dealt with him. Must be trying to market to the soapers.

There's another guy there on Etsy that seems to be making the exact same designs at very similar prices. (A bit higher.)

Anyone know anything about him? https://www.etsy.com/shop/plowboyzwoodshop

never heard of him. his shop is quite new. as far as design goes, the ones at BB are also very similar to Bud's. who copied who, god knows :D i've read somewhere that Bud supplies to BB, but i dunno whether this is true or not.

are you still looking for a cutter? haven't decide yet? :D my 1st preference when i was looking for a multi cutter is the tank by forcraftssake. the frame is coated aluminum, so in essence it's supposed to be tougher/lasts longer than wood. but boy oh boy the price :crazy: the one i wanted is close to 250 and that excludes shipping from USA to Asia, halfway around the world, which i believed would be around 100. so, 350-ish for a cutter is just out of my budget sadly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back