Has anyone made an avocado bath bomb?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
danjpiscina said:
Sorry guys. My intention was not to be rude, but rather, to make it clear that criticism is not a response to the question posted in this topic. Tabatha and agriffin merely criticized the idea. That doesn't really help me much. If I wanted an opinion on the idea, I would have asked for one.

I didn't merely criticize the idea. You asked how much...I said 1%.

You get opinions when you post a question.

danjpiscina said:
PrairieCraft said:
I have also had experience with moldy products from lush. I mean covered in orange furry yuck.

perhaps it's interesting to point out that Lush products have an expiry date. a lot of their products are fresh. maybe yours expired? because you would have seen it in the store.

PrairieCraft said:
So just because you paid a lot of money for something doesn't mean it's a great product.

this is true. but it also doesn't mean it's garbage. your statement works the other way around too.

"Fresh" is a term that is obviously used as a selling point by Lush. Sounds like they are trying to get out of being responsible for their product by letting the consumer know up front that they haven't formulated it to last long. It was a soap I had mold on and that shouldn't happen to such expensive soap, IMO.

Not sure what you're getting at with your other comment. Sure, the statement works the other way, just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's bad. I would rather buy something cheap and be surprised with quality than spend a lot on something and be disappointed though.

Do you work for Lush? You're awful sensitive to the criticism of their products. No one here was criticizing you (until you got snarky). We were just letting you know that Lush has obvious problems with their products and that maybe you don't want to copy them.

I'll post my opinion a second time, because I think it is really the truth.

I don't think the actual avocado portion of the bath bomb is what you are finding benefit in. I think it's the rest of the ingredients in the bath bomb.

I think you should make a regular bath bomb. Try a few different recipes.
If you still aren't happy with it, then add the fresh fruit and see if that works for you.
Start at a very low percentage and use the bath bomb the same day.

That's one thing I love about this forum... no matter how snarky one comes off, people still want to help you...

Fruit means the seed bearing part of the plant.... fresh means it hasnt spoiled yet... there's a lot of wiggle room in there..

Oh, and I don't mean this to be snarky myself, but have u searched the word 'lush' cuz theres lots to read in the archives too.

tasha said:
I'll post my opinion a second time, because I think it is really the truth.

I don't think the actual avocado portion of the bath bomb is what you are finding benefit in. I think it's the rest of the ingredients in the bath bomb.

I think you should make a regular bath bomb. Try a few different recipes.
If you still aren't happy with it, then add the fresh fruit and see if that works for you.
Start at a very low percentage and use the bath bomb the same day.

I have to agree with Tasha on this.

Everyone is entitled to one bad day. Yesterday was yours. Do not repeat it. The last thing an educated, experienced soaper wants to do is waste their time & energy sharing their knowledge and experience with a rude newbie who already believes they know it all.

You are here because we allow you to be here. Forum membership is a privilege, not a right, and it can be removed.

Just so we are ‘clear’ this is your 1 and only warning to drop the attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back