Happy Fourth of July

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4th-of-July-top-story-1.jpg

My 4th was a culmination of at least 2 weeks (maybe 3) of neighbors shooting off fireworks any old day or night at random, which is illegal in the city limits, but they do it anyway.

It has made it really tough to keep Kitty Baby comfortable being on the Catio (our enclosed screened porch set up as a cat haven) or on the leash outside in our yard or to go for a walk. The slightest sound causes her to jump & flatten her ears, which are really quite sensitive to loud noises, so I am really happy that the 4th of July is finally over with. If folks would keep it to only the one day or even only to the 2 or 3 days near the 4th, that would be fine. But this shooting off fireworks at 7 am and mid day and 10:00 at night and midnight any old day of the week for the few weeks leading up the date is damned annoying.

Yes, I used to enjoy the fireworks displays and still would if anyone was doing them. But even Chicago had no fireworks displays this year. I was really surprised to hear that when Hubby told me about it. He spent a few days in Chicago for his birthday and returns tonight with his brother, who flew in to meet him.

Back