hair gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txsoaper

Reaction score
I am wanting to try making some simple hair gel using a base of aloe vera gel (ingredients:Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA. )

Can I add oils such as argon to this along with some essential oils, or will it make the gel watered down? I just want a nice & simple hair gel.

oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. I was just thinking of starting out with something thick like a gel and adding to it. I do have some aloe vera oil....I could use this, right?

Hair spray

I have a recipe for hair spray, simple, great, never goes bad and we are using it for decades...

-Cut a lemon in 8 wedges
-add 2 cups water

Boil until you have 100 ml of liquid. Strain while hot through a paper towel, add 20 ml isopropyl alcohol or pure grain alcohol 95%. Pour into a mist bottle and use it...
I am not sure if you take this alcohol base and mix it with aloe vera gel will give you hair gel but you can try... also look into guar gum as thickener...

Cheers
Armin

Theres jajoba clear gel its like an oil just gel form and may give it more of a shine to your hair product, but makes it a great additive to not give you a sticky feeling it will feel more silky

Latest posts

Back