Greetings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheVez2

Reaction score
I guess I should introduce myself to all you fine folks. My name is KJ and I live in Missouri. I have been in the Air Force for 12 years. I am happily married to my wife of 11 years and we have 4 wonderful children.

My main interest in soap making is in making shaving soap and shaving cream. I am a traditional wet shaver, and use a soap and brush to create a shaving lather. I use straight razors and old style double edge and single edge razors. I'm a sucker for all things "old timey".

My other hobby is keeping tarantulas. I currently have 9 of them. Odd as it seems I got interested in keeping them while I was getting over my fear of spiders.

I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about the soap making hobby.

Hi, TheVez!

I was born and raised in SW Missouri :)

I'm trying to get my hubby into using my "shaving soap bar", but, he's an Irish Spring boy(UGH)! Much to my dismay!!!

Tarantulas...EEK!!!! I HATE spiders....

Happy soaping journeys...this forum is WONDERFUL!!!! You will learn so much if you just take the time to read through old threads. Use the search option to find things.... it is a wonderful thing!

Happy Soaping!!!

Hey there!

I'm going to be trying a batch of shaving soap this weekend. I've never been a brush shaver, but I'd like to get into it and have a few friends who already do it.

Tarantulas are awesome. I used to have pet scorpions, and had a praying mantis when I was little. Insects are fascinating pets. They're so ... alien.

Good luck with the soap making endeavors! Maybe we can trade shaving soaps at some point!

TheVez2 said:
... Odd as it seems I got interested in keeping them while I was getting over my fear of spiders.

Okay....so how does one get over the fear of spiders? No wait! Don't tell me if it requires me to get tarantulas. :lol: My DH thinks I need some serious desensitization when it comes to spiders. Ewwwww....I'm already trembling at the thought.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! You can take my spiders if you'd like! :) (you know... the ones that are all running to my basement to live for the winter because the cold is setting in...... SHUDDER!)

MrsFusion said:
I'm trying to get my hubby into using my "shaving soap bar", but, he's an Irish Spring boy(UGH)! Much to my dismay!!!

Oh my... Irish Spring is a bath soap, not a shave soap. He doesn't know what he is missing. His shaves could be so much better. If it is the smell he likes, he could look into Irisch Moos shave stick.

rubyslippers said:
Okay....so how does one get over the fear of spiders? No wait! Don't tell me if it requires me to get tarantulas. My DH thinks I need some serious desensitization when it comes to spiders. Ewwwww....I'm already trembling at the thought.

Not at all. I started by just looking at pictures of them online, and reading articles and caresheets about them. Then I moved on to pet stores and zoos where I could look at them behind glass. Before long I was deciding that I was hooked and I needed to have one. Then came the chore of getting my wife over her fear of spiders. Success, she bought me my first one. Fear of spiders, snakes and other creepy crawlers is an irrational learned fear (most of the time). It can be unlearned rather quickly.

Back