green tea options

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynp

Reaction score
Hi all, Ive had a request for some soap with green tea in it . I want to deliver a good dose in the soap. As I am not sure what to use what is the best form of green tea ? Is it an essential oil an absolute an extract,my research is getting frustrating so I thought I would spread the love. :p

Cranberry lane out of Port Coquitlam BC has a green tea extract. I can't attest to the scent or how it soaps but I know it is available.

I can post a link if you'd like.

I have used green tea extract (liquid) in my soap - I accidentally added 25ml to 1000gm oils! Definitely a mistake as far as expense goes :shock: I meant to add the FO at 25ml, not the extract. The recipe took a longer while to firm up compared to my regular soap recipe. It is now medium hard after 4 1/2 months. The good thing is it actually smells like tea. I think a much more cost effective alternative is to infuse some of your soaping oil with dried green tea leaves. HTH.

Tanya :)

thank you everyone, I have decided that I am going to brew some VERY strong green tea. Then I am going to add one tablespoon of it to each of my 3-3.5 oz bars and I am going to use my castile soap rebatch from organic creations . How does that sound? :D :D

Latest posts

Back