Grapeseed Oil and DOS.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewepootoo

Reaction score
I have used Grapeseed Oil in a couple of my batches and now for the first time I am seeing DOS on my soap which is only a few weeks old and stored on open wooden shelves in a super hot dry climate. Is this the Grapeseed oil doing this? I will just use these soaps up asap as I think i read here somewhere that the DOS will not kill me. Steve. :D
Ps: 10% Grapeseed was the max I used.

i used grapeseed at 10%, no prob, hmm, what was the recipe exactly?

Was this grapeseed oil fresh? It seems to be pretty prone to oxidation. GSO has to be used within a year of production and within 5 months of opening the bottle...

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to this post as Xmas has been frantic. The oil I used was opened a couple of months ago and then stored in an old fridge I use as a cupboard in my shed where the temp regularly tops 40C. The bottle was only processed a few months before I opened it. My recipe was Coconut Oil 30%, Castor Oil 10%, Olive Oil 35%, Palm Oil 15%, Grapeseed Oil 10% with 5% superfat and 1 3/4 oz's of Lavender fragrance oil to the 1 kg of oil's made at room temperature.
If Grapeseed oil is a bit sensitive to DOS, I may just skip it in the future. Steve. :D

Latest posts

Back