Gotta say thanks to the group.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsForrest

Reaction score
So, I've been soaping for about a year now and I just have to say thanks for all the help and info.

Since I've spent most of my time in the lye-based soap forum, I'll post this here where those who have helped will see it. There are too many names to list here. If you've ever answered a question from a noob or participated in discussions, thank you!

I haven't posted a whole lot over the past year but I have read a LOT of posts and threads and learned a lot from the collective experience here. Those who say to soap for at least a year before you try to sell or go into business are right on. I am still learning a lot and still working things out in my basic processes.
While I am planning to sell at my first festival in a bit over a month, I do recognize that my products are far from perfect and don't think I will ever see them as perfect. Note that I don't really see doing one festival as going into business. It will be a fun way to share my stuff and maybe recoup some of my hobby expenses from the past year. Maybe I'll be ready (and have enough inventory) to do it again for a fall festival or X-mas fair.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

Latest posts

Back