Got a little order in today...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
I might've gone a bit overboard when deciding what samples I wanted to buy to play around with...

addiction.jpg

I really should've put on gloves when I was unpacking them from the shipping bubble wrap. Fingers smell like vanilla, a bit of banana, fabric softener, and a floral I can't quite nail down. UPS person left them on my door step, in the sun, in Phoenix. A few of them leaked a bit. Tobacco and vanilla is fantastic.

That's a very good start! Now you'll need some colorants....:nodding: Enjoy! Post updates on your progress!

Picked up a few from Mad Mica. I'm going to use the three on the far left to make some for my dad and his fishing buddies to put on their boats in a fishing lure color pattern known as "fire tiger". Should make them easy to find where you put them last.

Attachments

• 20190814_210224.jpg
    20190814_210224.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 39
Of all the things available here for soaping, good quality FOs and micas are the two that I can't afford. None are produced locally and of course they have to factor in shipping costs. The ones that are in my budget are suspect..... I'm sticking to EOs and natural colorants for now.

I'm envious haha

And @Saltwater Scented that meme made me giggle hehe

Of all the things available here for soaping, good quality FOs and micas are the two that I can't afford.
Check out Mad Micas and Nurture for colorants. Both ship internationally, and are very reasonably priced, and personally I feel they have the best micas of any supplier (although I have to preface that to say, I've never tried Micas and More, but have heard great things about them as well).

Picked up a few from Mad Mica. I'm going to use the three on the far left to make some for my dad and his fishing buddies to put on their boats in a fishing lure color pattern known as "fire tiger". Should make them easy to find where you put them last.

Fishing lures as inspiration - I think that's brilliant! You'll like the quality of Mad Micas products.

Back