Good Bay Rum??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharmon320

Reaction score
I ordered and soaped BB Bay Rum. It's the right smell I'm looking for, but it seems really weak to me (even OOB). Soaped at 1oz/PPO, but still seems weak. It's just missing some kick, not sure how to describe it. It is also a huge heater. It did not behave badly while soaping, but I had full gel within 30 minutes of pouring the soap.

Anyone else have a Bay Rum they highly recommend?

Thanks Nancy! We'll see how hubby likes it after the cure. I've noticed quite a few others that mention Oregon Trails.

kharmon320 said:
I ordered and soaped BB Bay Rum. It's the right smell I'm looking for, but it seems really weak to me (even OOB). Soaped at 1oz/PPO, but still seems weak. It's just missing some kick, not sure how to describe it. It is also a huge heater. It did not behave badly while soaping, but I had full gel within 30 minutes of pouring the soap.

Anyone else have a Bay Rum they highly recommend?

I agree with you...soaped this one in October...there's some spices missing to it, and it is weak. 6-7 weeks now and the scent in mine is already fading. Huge disappointment. I may have to try Oregon Trails.

carebear said:
they have top notch fragrances.

If you mean Symphony, I agree. I want to order the Heather for Spring and I know it's supposed to be touchy to work with but by then maybe I'll have mastered the art of working with flower scents a little better!

Latest posts

Back