Going to make Lavender Lemongrass soap and have some ?'s

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamela

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a Lavender and Lemongrass EO blend...not sure how much to use of each. I got the 40/42 lavender...the Bulgarian was too expensive. Also I got ultramarine blue and violet pigment and don't know how much of that too use to get a nice lavender color...haven't used them before...will be making a 5 lb. batch.

Pamela said:
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a Lavender and Lemongrass EO blend...not sure how much to use of each. I got the 40/42 lavender...the Bulgarian was too expensive. Also I got ultramarine blue and violet pigment and don't know how much of that too use to get a nice lavender color...haven't used them before...will be making a 5 lb. batch.

I usually mix those two together with Rosemary. When I make that I use equal parts, let it sit for a day. It changes scent from when you fresh pour it. Sometimes I add a tiny bit more lemon the second day. If you follow the 1oz per lb you will have a nice strong scent.

Thanks for the info flavapro....that combo sounds fantastic...going to have to order some Rosemary. Now I just hope I get a nice lavender purple and I don't end up with 5 lbs. of soap that looks like poop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm curious, why are you making so much at one time if you're not yet sure how you'll like it? Why not try a 1 lb test batch first?

Pamela said:
Thanks for the info flavapro....that combo sounds fantastic...going to have to order some Rosemary. Now I just hope I get a nice lavender purple and I don't end up with 5 lbs. of soap that looks like poop :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have lots of bars that look like poop :D
They are my failed swirl bars. So far the only swirls that came out good have been with whipped soap

Decided not to color the whole thing just in case I didn't get a nice lavender color....it turned out perfect!!! I do have a 1 lb mold and thought about using it...but tend to live a little on the edge :p

Pamela said:
Decided not to color the whole thing just in case I didn't get a nice lavender color....it turned out perfect!!! I do have a 1 lb mold and thought about using it...but tend to live a little on the edge :p
I'm the same way!

@flavapor

You mix your scents with Rosemary? Sorry, forgive me... newbie.

I've never heard of that before. what does it do? Is it rosemary oil or dried rosemary?

So I cut my soap today...love the lavender color but got some swirling...like it didn't mix thoroughly....the ends and top seem to be blended fine :?
I stick blended the darn thing forever. I posted a pic in the photo gallery would love some input.

Back