Goats milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purplerain

Reaction score
I'm making my first batch of goats milk soap. Put the wood loaf mold into the freezer to cool then poured soap in when it was ready, then back in freezer. How long should I leave it there? Then what do I do to keep it cool? Don't want the milk to burn. Looks good so far. It's been in the freezer @ 45 minutes. It has hardened up and no discolouration so far.

I leave it 24 hrs. A minimum is 12-16 and if I pull it out in that time frame, I switch it to the refrigerator to complete the 24 hour mark. Then I let it come to room temp, and twice I've had it try to warm back up after I put it out of the fridge/freezer the next day. In this case I put it back into the fridge another 6 hrs or so to calm it down. Final note, it can zap up to 3 days later with those methods because low temps slows saponification.

I do the same as you and chill my mold. I usually soap in the afternoon and pop my soap directly in the freezer. The next morning I'll pull them out and put them on the counter to thaw. I keep an eye on them to see if they start warming up again, but so far I've only had one soap heat back up doing this

Latest posts

Back