Goat's Milk and Mint?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine has asked me to make her some goat's milk soap and scent it with mint EO. I've only made 1 batch of gm soap and scented it with honey and almond FO, so that's my frame of reference...warm, mellow scents. Doesn't all gm soap have a sweet aroma even if it is unscented? My question is this; would mint clash with the natural scent of gm soap? Have any one you made mint gm soap?

Would you recommend adding a citrus EO as well (e.g. lemon - peppermint) or something herbal like rosemary or sage? I have done some "one-note Johnny" soaps, but I like the complexity of at least two compatible EOs when possible)

My absolute favorite is peppermint, ahhh, wakes me up! It is wonderful in GM soap! Not for the privates though!

I make a lot of milk soaps and scent them with loads of EO combinations. My most popular combination seems to be Spearmint and Lavender.

Have some fun with it! The combinations are endless!

Rosemary ad spearmint goats milk soap smells exactly like double int gum and lathers soft and creamy. Yum.

Latest posts

Back