Goat Milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
I have been thinking about goat milk in soap for a while now and kept telling myself that I wasn't going to try it. I found a can of goat milk in the store yesterday. It says it needs to be diluted. I am wondering if I could just not dilute it for soap or would it cause issues? would it make the soap richer (?) if I don't dilute it, or is it just a waste of the milk. if I dilute like it says I could freeze and have enough for two batches.

What I do is mix my lye with an equal amount of water. Then add the difference in canned goat's milk to my oils. That will pretty much make it full goat's milk when done. I've not had a problem doing it. You can also add whatever amount you want and use the liquid difference in water. I don't dilute mine before using it.

What I do is mix my lye with an equal amount of water. Then add the difference in canned goat's milk to my oils. That will pretty much make it full goat's milk when done. I've not had a problem doing it. You can also add whatever amount you want and use the liquid difference in water. I don't dilute mine before using it.

thanks, I appreciate the input!!! guess I am making goat soap today :)

Latest posts

Back