Goat Milk Soap Dog Shampoo Bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticjanis

Reaction score
Hello
Does anybody have a goat milk soap dog shampoo bar recipe - cold process? It's for the dog's itchy skin. TIA.

Sorry. I just read the "rule" about asking for recipes. It's just that I had a customer that has a dog with bad skin and nothing works...She claims that goat milk soap shampoo bar works for the problem.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I read that one recipe has vinegar in it to lower the pH?

Last edited by a moderator:
It funny how topics come up in multiple posts at the same time! Almost the same discussion is happening in another thread. As I'm sure you know already, you can only lower soap's pH so far before it stops holding together as soap. As for adding goat's milk, there are tons of threads that discuss replacing all or part of your liquid with GM. The advice is to just use a favorite, trusted recipe. Happy hunting!

Tell her to see the Vet to find out what is actually wrong with the dog.

AFter years of working in the Animal field, it usually is not the skin itself but food, surroundings...

And yes, very funny how this same topic just came up :rolleyes:

I have found that coconut oil does wonders for a dog's coat. My dog is small (15 lbs), so I take a pea-sized amount of virgin coconut oil and rub it between my palms, then pet the dog all over. Then I brush the dog to work the oil into the fur and skin. I also like to infuse coconut oil with calendula and add a squirt of vitamin E.

You can also add a bit of coconut oil to the dog's food as well.

I add coconut oil to my dog's food. They get so dry and flaky especially in the winter and it seems to help a great deal. Or as dixiedragon suggested rub some through the fur.

I would suggest to try the coconut oil on a small test spot first. I tried it on my dog and he had a terrible reaction, my vet said allergies to coconut oil is common with dogs. I use OO or baby oil now.

Back