GM soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
i finally got around to doing some goat milk soap today. I did equal amounts lye and water and tried to get it to trace but it wasn't having it so I added the scent but that didn't take it any farther so I added the goat milk oh WOW, it got thick fast. I decided last minute to throw it in the freezer instead of trying to gel--I went and peeked 10 minutes later and it was gelling in the middle and had started to crack a bit. I pulled it out and let it hang out on the counter. it looks like it did a full gel with no further cracking.
this is the first time I have used 50-50 lye and water, is it normal for it not to go to trace?
I cant wait to cut this loaf

I've never done just 50/50 and adding it just to the oils. I always add my milk to my oils before adding my lye mixture. I have lots of time to work. It will probably depend on your recipe as well. High OO can take some time to trace.

I've never done just 50/50 and adding it just to the oils. I always add my milk to my oils before adding my lye mixture. I have lots of time to work. It will probably depend on your recipe as well. High OO can take some time to trace.

I don't use OO but I will try to add the GM to the oils--I have enough to do another batch and I don't really want to freeze it :) and I am in a soaping kind of mood

Latest posts

Back