Gluten free flour recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I know there are others here with food allergies like myself and I was wondering which brands of gluten free or wheat free flour do you like the best? I like the way gluten free Bisquick makes everything light & fluffy but around here it's $4.49 for a 8 oz box. So I've been buying the King Arthur brand which is $5.49 for a 16 oz box. I love the value but no matter what I do, everything turns out dense and heavy. Pamela's is a good product line but the Meijer store near me doesn't stock as many GF products as the one near my old home. It'll take 2 City buses to get there. Any suggestions? TIA [emoji3]

I bought it after my daughter and I got allergy symptoms to the sourdough, I wanted to switch completely to using gluten-free recipes I just didn't like them. I am back now to my regular baking, but from time to time I use tapioca flour recipes from the internet. I found new recipes here, I didn't try them yet.
http://cookingtheglobe.com/tapioca-flour-recipes/

Thanks! Those flatbread recipes look yummy. I'm pretty sure I've seen Bob's Red Mills tapioca flour around here at Meijer and Big Lots. I thunk I'll try that until I can get some of Pamela's products. Her chocolate cake mix is awesome!

"Forget your troubles! Try these bubbles! You can't say nope to extraordinary soap!" -Amber McRee Turner, Sway

I've had really good success with Cup 4 Cup brand Multi-Purpose GF flour. You can buy 3 pounds of it on Amazon for $11.99. So far, I've only used it to make a GF tweak of my favorite scone recipe- America's Test Kitchen's "Proper British Scones" recipe (made a GF version for my sil who likes scones, but has a true gluten-intolerance), and they came out really good! As a matter of fact, even my hubby praised them, and that's saying something because he has abhored every gluten-free baked good that he's ever sampled. lol

IrishLass :)

@penelopejane, I haven't heard of that brand but I'll look for it, thanks.
@IrishLass, I think I've seen the cup 4 cup at Meijer. I think Amazon has the better deal, thanks! @Misschief, thank you! I'm always looking for ways to avoid using wheat and corn so all info is appreciated.

Back