Glitter Use on CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedaisy

Reaction score
Is there a difference with the glitter that you bye from soap suppliers or the glitter from craft stores to use in your soaps, it looks the same to me ? Happy New Year to all, I love this forum so much help. Thank you all

I believe that the glitter you buy from the soap suppliers is cosmetic grade so its safe for use on you skin , where as the glitter from craft stores isnt skin safe .

Unfortunately we don't have Michaels in Australia.

Shedaisy you might have to order from the online suppliers in WA,Qld or NSW.

Welcome I'm new here too, my sister lives at Mullaway and brother up your way as well.

Relle.

Yes there is a big difference!

From the shape they are cut in, to what they are made of.

In general, a cosmetic grade glitter is a poly-coated pigment. The plastic used is safe, even if it is swallowed or if you get it in your eye. The same is true with the pigments used that gives it color. Most craft glitters are poly coated dyes. This is different as the dyes can leach out when they come in contact with moisture. These dyes might be unsafe and cause problems. These can be harmful if you get them in the eye. Add to that the way the glitter pieces are cut is very specific in a cosmetic application. This standard means everything from how clean the cut is, the safety standards of the machine used, the containers used and even what the machine is made from. Add to that there are cosmetic standards to the packing process defined by GMP (good manufacturing procedures).

Does anyone know if Martha Stewarts fine glitters are skin safe, can't find any info on the bottle.

Relle.

Latest posts

Back