Funny oops in CP, have you done this too?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaJ99

Reaction score
Ok I don't know how I've done this but in MP I always use 0.7 FOs to 1lb of soap. Some how in my mind I did not translate this to CP soap so apparently in 2 to 3 lb batches of CP I've only been using 1.0 oz of fragrance oil. No wonder my scent fades by the time it's cured for a week or two. I've only been using half of what I should, lol. I'm such a goof ball some times. So glad I figured this out before I made another batch. While my soaps are coming out great they just don't have much scent. Thought I'd give y'all a laugh today. I'm sure y'all have done something similar feel free to share your funny stories...
Amanda

Well actually for a lot of my fo's I only use 1 oz in a 2lb batch. Just matters what fo's they are.

The scents Ive tried are very mild anyway. The most scent I've gotten is my two brown batches because of the vanilla... We are getting ready to make all our Christmas batches so I definitely want a strong long lasting scent. I just thought this was a duh fore head smacking moment lol.

I used very little in the first batch I made, and the scent utterly vanished. I was so confused! I tend to use whatever Bramble Berry's fragrance calculator recommends now, and so far, so good with the other soap I've made.

I use 3% for FO's & EO's, although sometimes depending on the EO that I'm using I'll reduce that down to 1.5%...

Back